Identify dog breeds using AI
Below is a free tool to identify dog breeds. Just upload your image, and our AI will predict which breed it is - in just seconds.
For best results, limit the image to just the dog. Trying different images can help too.
How this identifier works
To start, upload your image. Our AI tool will then predict which breed it is.
This pretrained image model uses the Stanford Dogs Dataset dataset and is built with 19820 samples across 120 labels, including Australian Cattle Dog, Basset Hound, and 118 other labels.
We'll also show a confidence score (the higher the number, the more confident the AI model is of which breed it is).
Whether you’re a tech-minded pet owner, just curious, or building dog breeds detection into your application, we hope our classifier proves helpful.
Need to identify dog breeds at scale?
Get API or Zapier access to this classifier for free. It's perfect for:
- Pet Stores: Pet retailers can offer personalized recommendations to customers using just a picture of the family's dog. Or, they could do real-time tracking of what dogs were brought to the store.
- Pet Insurance Providers: Insurance companies can automate the creation of customized policies based on the identified dog breed and associated health risks.
- Vet Clinics: Veterinarians can speed up new patient onboarding when the owner is unsure about dog breed.
- Dog Shows: Participants and judges in dog shows can benefit from quick breed identification.
- Pet-Friendly Businesses: Businesses welcoming dogs, such as hotels and restaurants, can provide breed-specific services for their canine customers.
- Animal Shelters and Rescues: Shelters can streamline the adoption process by quickly IDing the breeds of dogs under their care.